Before you proceed to the real work, you have to know and understand deeply what a paper written in an analytical manner actually means. You must have heard that it is a piece of writing that is dedicated to an analysis of an article, text, scientific work, fiction or a work of art. However, this is not enough to know. In this article, you will find information about what an analytical essay is and most importantly, what it is not. Also, you will get tips and guidelines that will help you get started and go through the entire writing process. We know that academic writing is sometimes an unbearable burden for some students, especially for those who have hard time writing on the whole and due to the lack of writing experience. For this reason, we created a professional writing service to help you get the best results without hours, days or even weeks of writing struggle. Don't waste your time and get to know more about our service or just make an order right away and we will take care of your assignment. Our primary purpose is to make the life of students enjoyable and free from stress. With this in mind, we are willing to do our best and provide you with all the necessary assistance for affordable price.
What is an analytical writing
To know what you are expected to do is the first and essential step toward achieving the desired outcome. There are tons of kinds of essays and all of them are designed with different purpose. At the same time, purpose is something that defines the style of your writing, methods of research and other elements of effective writing. So let us begin with highlighting what an analytical paper is not first of all.
- This has nothing to do with a summary. Although summary is a part of analysis itself, it is only a little step in the process of writing this kind of essay. So if you have already begun writing and you feel like your essay sounds like a report, you should leave this one behind and start over.
- It is not a collection of already made reports on the analyzed issue. In other words, your paper doesn't have to just provide the analysis of other authors, although their opinions may also be included. So if you have too much information about works of other authors covering the object of your analysis, you should pick up only the most relevant and remove the rest.
- It is not a free writing. Dealing with an analytical essay foresees that you can have your own opinion on the topic, whatever it is, but you should find profound and strong argumentation supporting every your thought and make sure to provide it appropriately.
How to make your essay effective
Now that you know what your paper should not be like, let us highlight what it has to be like. As a rule, it is a piece of writing with quite a narrow focus on a specific issue, which is an object of analysis. Often students are assigned to analyze a book. In this case, you may discuss how the story unfolds itself, the important of figurative language in the novel or you may simply choose one of the main characters and analyze it appropriately. In other words, your essay needs to enlighten a certain aspect of the novel, poem or a short story and bring it in a larger context in order to evaluate the whole piece of literature.
Taking the above mentioned into consideration, the best way to start working on your analytical essay is to create a good outline. This has to be the basic structure of your paper. You shouldn't underestimate this moment, because proper structuring plays a great role in how your essay is going to be evaluated. These are the inevitable elements of your essay:
- The introduction part. Here, you are to introduce the topic of your essay and give the essence of your work. Also, this is where you should do your best in order to engage or even intrigue your potential reader and make him want to read to the end.
- The body. This is the place to provide the major part of your material. Your thoughts, ideas, arguments, examples, quotes etc. are going to be provided in this part. Depending on the required size of your essay, it may consist of three or five paragraphs.
- The conclusion. Although this is the final step in writing your essay, it is too early to relax. Your conclusion will create the last impression. And if you want to get a high mark, this impression has to be bright and lasting.
How to write the intro for your essay
The beginning is always the most challenging part, no matter what you are dealing with. But once you get started, it will not seem so tough anymore. The final goal of your introduction is to make your potential reader want to read your paper to the end. So let us find out what you should do to get an engaging and effective introduction written.
- First of all, make up a hook. This can be any trick that can possible engage your reader and grab his attention to what is being discussed. It can be an interesting or even shocking fact, a provoking statement or an anecdote, an inspiring quote etc. Make it one or maximum two sentences.
- Provide an impressive thesis statement. Give your audience a glimpse of what you are going to discuss and analyze in your essay. This is where you have to be clear and speak to the point. The reader wants to get to know your main idea right from the start. Don't let him guess.
- Tell them how you are going to prove your main idea. You don't have to prove it yet, but you have to announce techniques that you will be use in order to do that. What exactly are you going to analyze? What kind of research methods are you going to use?
This is the basis of your intro. It will take you no more than five or six sentences, but it has to really set the tone of the entire paper. So don't hold back your creativity and use your imagination in order to make it stand out.
How to write the body part of your paper
Now you are already in the process and we hope you are beginning to understand what the whole assignment is about. Now it is time to step up to the middle section of your essay, which is the biggest and the most informative. In this part, you can use different kinds of formatting, as long as all the information is well-structured, your thoughts are provided in the logical order and coherent manner and it is easy to follow your ideas. The size of body may be different, depending on the requirements, although in most of cases it takes nearly three paragraphs. Every paragraph is like a small essay itself, because it begins with an opening sentence, supported with arguments, followed by the closing sentence. An important thing to note is that you have to figure out which order of your ideas will be the most beneficial. But no matter what order you choose, make sure it is not a mess and the structure is clearly seen. The umber of paragraphs is not that important, because it is all about the content and the way of writing. But here is how you are going to build every paragraph:
- Choose the topic statement. This is the claim to be further proved in the paragraph. Make it narrow and specific.
- Go deeper into the claim. You can either break it into smaller aspects or provide any additional info, such as a quote, in order to show the audience why the claim is arguable and what made you think that way.
- Prove. Now, you have to do your best to just convince the reader in your rightness as for the claim. All kinds of techniques of persuasion can be used, beginning with providing examples or facts and finishing with quotes.
- Tie everything together. Before you proceed to the next paragraph, make sure that this one leads to the following and that it is easy to catch the logic of your thinking. You have to always remember that structure and coherence can make any essay sound better.
Dealing with the conclusion
While some students think that conclusion is all about restating the thesis statement, it is actually not that easy. Your conclusion is the last thing your reader will see and your last chance to make him love your paper. So apart from simply restating what you have already said, you have to provide a killing last sentence that would inspire, motivate or make any other positive impact on your reader.
We know that if you have never written an analytical essay before, you might find it extremely difficult. At some extent, it really is. But you are never alone in this challenge, because our team of professional writers is ready to help you any time and with any writing assignment. Instead of spending hours or even days on writing a paper, you can just make your order and let us take care of everything. We provide highly qualified service for a reasonable price, which is why it is available for any student around the world. We guarantee your absolute confidentiality and a friendly assistance. Just let us know your requirements and we will do our best to meet them all and even surpass your highest expectations.Write my Essay study bay